Thursday, June 16, 2005

Finally get a way out.

The dead hard drive has made me in a disaster in the last three days, thanks for Dave's help, without his help, I may spend much more time to recover the data.

The hard drive we ordered from CompUSA finally came this morning, but it is not what we had hoped. We hoped that there is an internal SATA that we can swap my bad disk in, but it's not the case. Another way dead.

Then Dave suggested that I can try another SATA - IDE bridge card, I went to microcenter to get it, tried it again on his computer. The computer cannot recogize the drive. Another way dead.

The only way left is to run the system on WinPE from CD-ROM based on suggestions from http://www.runtime.org./peb.htm before putting it into the freezer. Dave helped me burn a CD again. You know what, it worked!!!!!

No comments: