Saturday, February 04, 2006

MSBuild frustration.

MSBuild frustration.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to edit the MSBuild project file in the VS 2005. When I referred to the xml schema file, I cannot add the custom properties in the property group, VS kept giving me the annoying warnings. I searched online, not many posts, but there are some people who experienced the same issue with me. But I am sure it’s probably not a common issue. I submitted the post to the MSDN newsgroup, and hopefully, I can get an answer from there.

I am not surprised when I opened the .xsd file, because I know if I add those elements in the schema definition. It was OK. But that just cannot be the issue, and it contradicts with the MSDN documentation.

I ended up editting those xsd file, and hopefully, I can find a satisfactory answer from somewhere.

No comments: