Sunday, April 16, 2006

Eclipse

Jon Skeet's Coding Blog : Visual Studio vs Eclipse

I started to use eclipse to view some open source geometry alrogrithm in JTS. I like it very much just after a couple of days of using it. Sometimes, I just feel an "open source" product is not any worse than those M$ products.

I am not saying I don't like VS.2005, yes, it's great. It has tons of features, and if know 50% of its feature, I will be very satisfied myself. But if there will be an open source editor which has those features the Eclipse has, a lot of people will probably use it just liking prefer FireFox to IE.

DPack is an wonderful addon for the visual studio 2005. It adds a lot features which Eclipse has and VS 2005 doesn't have.

The best two I like is Solution Browser (Alt + S) and Code Browser (Alt + G).
GISResearch

No comments: