Saturday, April 07, 2007

Another google impressive product-google pin yin.

For people who don't type chinese , it may be a little bit hard to understand. A lot of chinese people had hard time to input chinese like me. It's not because there is no good input tools, I know, there are a few very good input tools available. But to use those tools efficiently, you have to be very good at "pin yin". A lot of people like me spoke a dialect which is far away from standard mandarin, which is most input methods are based upon. The following is a fuzzy logic that google uses to make sure those non-standard speaker could have a decent input speed.


For myself, I am terrible at mixing some of them, like those pairs (an-ang, en=eng).

Another good feature is that you can have google store your selection patter on the server, so, it can automatically retrieve your selection next time. A good example, when I type my name, I put jianwei, and it will put my name as the first choice, because it remembered my choice of the last time.


I am waiting for another impressive product from google...



No comments: