Monday, July 18, 2005

The priorty date issue.

[Email from my attorney:
Jianwei

You are going to create a serious problem for yourself if you continue to try and use multiple avenues to push this along. The DOL and USCIS are going to start to push back. Up to now, I think your calls and actions have been just a question of impatience, but you are about to cross the line to a problem. I have seen cases where the agencies get calls from several sources, dig in their heels, and do nothing just to spite the individual because they feel there is too much pressure.

Please, I am serious. If you want me to work on this, you are going to have to back off and be patient. If you are convinced that you need to call dozens of people and push hard, I will be happy to submit a withdrawal letter, and you can handle it on your own. However, I can't do both. You need to make a decision whether you are going to handle your case on your own, or whether you want me to continue to work on it.

I called John today and left a voice mail. I will talk to him when he calls, and see what I can do to find out where in the process the information is stuck, if in fact it is stuck at all. But if you are going to make calls through Congressional offices, have the lawyer call, have the manager call, and check back a few days later for all, you are going to sabotage the process. I know that the government agencies will ignore the file if they think that is what is going on.
]

Well, I feel a little bit frustrating. I think Rob did a pretty good job on my case, and I don't have any issues with him. After all, the whole thing is not his responsbilty. But it still frustrates me, I have been waiting for this for the last three years, and every step seems to have a lot of pains. I adimit it is an issue because I have limited ability. If I am truley outstanding, I may not have to go through this painful process.

Life is life, you just have to live with it. If you spend more time improve yourself, there will be less pain ahead.

No comments: