Monday, January 29, 2007

I finally decided to move on the new position.

The five and a half years experiences at DDTI are invaluable. I really have a lot of passion to devoted into my work at my first three years. I could stay overnight to fix a memory leak. I could try to improve a product even I am not assigned to do that.

I liked the people I work with, and apparently, they liked me too.

Yes, I am frustrated by some minor issues. I am not sure why I am not paid at a fair market value. I don't expect to be paid more than others because I don't think myself smarter than others. I tried NOT to take any of those attitudes to my work because I understand what is considered professional.

The surprising thing is that they did make an counter offer to try to let me stay. I am really surprised at how much I am actually appreciated at the final days of my work. They want to increase my salary more than what I have been increased in all five and a half years. I just don't feel comfortable to take this counter offer.

I think I am a loser in this process too. I have this value in the company, but can only have them pay me that value when I decided to leave.

I decided to move on, and I hope I can restore my passion to the software development.

No comments: